OPC Redundancy Broker offers a seamless software solution that implements driver level redundancy supporting both OPC DA, HDA, and A&E.
The OPC Redundancy Broker (ORB) enables easy implementation of redundancy in systems that take advantage of OPC technology. ORB is designed for OPC applications that must use redundant hardware and/or software to achieve the highest degree of communication reliability. ORB can even be retrofitted to current systems since ORB functions with any OPC server, regardless of vendor.
- Support for multiple, same server, redundant pairs
- Support redundancy for DA, A&E, and HDA OPC Servers
- Full OPC HDA support for selected HDA interfaces.
- Status tags enable you to track which OPC Servers are down
- Multiple levels of redundancy (Hot, Warm, and Cold)
- Automatically switches between from primary to standby or vice versa when the criterion of failover is detected.
- Allow “Force a Failover” to manually toggle between the primary to standby or vice versa
- Powerful failover detection engine (trigger failover on item deviation, threshold, rate of change, and quality)
- Full support for MatrikonOPC Tunneller
- Windows 32-bit and 64-bit are natively supported.
ORB constantly monitors the Primary OPC server. When a failure is detected, it automatically redirects communication to the Standby OPC server. No data is lost and there is no system downtime.